Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lent! - NO MORE ICE CREAM

Okay, as of today, we are in the church season of lent, which doesn't end until easter. When I lived at home, I always wanted to give something up for lent - which is what you are suppose to do - but I always felt afraid to tell my parents that I wanted to actually participate in something religious. I really can't explain the reasons for this, but it's behind me now - so it doesn't really matter. Anyways, now that I'm on my own, I can actually give something up, and hopefully not forget! I decided to give up ice cream for lent. This is going to be hard, b/c everybody loves ice cream... and Maggie is probably going to tempt me with it... cuz she really seems to love it, but now that she knows that I can't eat ice cream until easter, she hopefully will not.

I just have to remember that I can't eat ice cream for the rest of lent. lol - let's see how long that lasts... anyone wanna place a bet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we can do it shannon...no more ice cream

Anonymous said...

smarty milkshakes! haha today, i met someone from your old street. lol.. she said she worked at country style in stouffville and i'm like really? do you know shannon sweeney or heather scott? and her mom's like, oh yea, i remember shannon, we used to live on the same street. i was like really? haha she's my best friend! haha cool. the world is small. =D

J.B. said...

two weeks...wager ice cream