Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Secret is Out!

To summarize for those who don't live in Ottawa, my friend Heather liked this guy... so eventually she told him this, but he didn't feel the same way. Later, Heather's close friend Ber ends up having a moment with him, and he admits that he likes her, and now they are dating, and Ber just told Heather this info a few hours ago. So basically Ber broke the girls code of never going out with their good friend's crush. Heather took it a lot worse than Ber predicted, and Ber thinks Heather is overreacting b/c she basically cut off all activities they share for the moment. Maggie is comforting Heather it seems b/c they see eye to eye on the situation. I on the other hand understand more than Ber seems to, but think that I would not have totally cut off the contact with my friend. I'm in the middle. It's such a complex situation b/c it all happened so soon... and Maggie and I have thoughts on the situation I wouldn't voice here.
If Heather cuts Ber out for too long, their friendship may never repair itself... and if Ber doesn't understand Heather's feelings, they are really screwed. It just sucks for Maggie and I b/c we are in the middle - especially her (Maggie seems to totally agree with Heather, and I really don't have a side, although it seems that I am taking Ber's side, which isn't necessarily true) - and it feels like we are the spokespeople for one of them.
So that's the latest gossip I bring to the table. I just know that I would have to have a better excuse than Ber's for dating my friend's ex-crush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hate that you guys are in the middle of this. I don't expect you guys to take sides either. Give me time and I will try to talk to Ber again.