Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

My family is very very irish - and very very proud of this. When I was a young teen, I hated St. P day b/c my parents forced me to wear green. I rebelled! I especially remember I was forced to were green to church the weekend closed to St. P day! That was really cruel. I hated feeling like I HAD to wear it. One year I wore a green t-shirt, then secretly brought a sweatshirt and put it on whenever my parent's couldn't see me. Lol! Those were my rebellious days. This year however, I actually wanted to do laundry last night so that I could have something nice and green to wear. Times are a changin'.

Today I had my morning classes then went shopping after lunch with Maggie and her friend Amy. *yummy beavertails*. Maggie bought the game 'guess who' b/c I had really really wanted to play it when we were at the war museum with my bro but the stupid people wouldn't let us. So she bought it, then after out delicious beavertails we sat there playing guess who, in the middle of the caf of the mall. Lol! We probably looked crazy! It was super fun though!!

The rest of this weekend in for homework... (let's just see how long that plan lasts!).

I'm thinking I'm probably going to be one of the only people on my floor tonight. There is more to the irish than drinking!! St. Patricks' day is more then just a drinking fest!!!!
*hope you wore green though* -- unless you wanted to be anti cliché... which is okay too!

2 comments:

bio-hazerd said...

i wore a green t-shirt today. and this dude was checking me out while i was waiting for the subway. luckily he was on the other side of the platform... A DUDE CHECKED ME OUT. holy shiznit... what is this world coming to?

oh and happy st. paddy's. =) weee!!!!

magmers said...

happy st.pattys day shannon had a blast playing guess who with u in the mall