Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Tacky Surprise!

I love being home and all, but as soon as I got back, I remembered why I loved Ottawa so much. My parents are the source of this feeling, cuz they simply refused to leave me alone. My bro took whatever alone time I could find to spend with me. Oh goodie! I understand that they totally miss me, but I fit back into my little niche right away - as if I had never left - but they acted like I just came back from a year long trip around the world. Ack!

Nyways, yesterday was so super awesome. After shopping in my hick town with parents - seriously, i had NO alone time! - I took my car and headed for Markham. I called Robin on my way down, cuz I couldn't call from my house without somebody listening in. I told him I was going shopping first, then I would pick up him and sammy so that we could surprise Tacky. Well, shopping was cool, although I realized I don't really like that mall too much. I suppose after going to it for 18 years it starts to lose interest. meh! After a little tour around the mall, carefully avoiding the store Tacky works at, I picked them up and we bought an oreo cake and candles at the grocery store. When we got back to the mall, souki went in and brought Alice out, while Sammy and I were hidden in the car. Tacky didn't even recognize my car when Robin was heading for it. She's soooo oblivious!!! lol. Still luv ya Tacky!! Anyways, we jumped out and surprised her and hugs went around. We definitely got her again! Yah!

We then went out to a real japanese sushi restaurant for dinner. So cool! Although they made me use chopsticks. At first I wasn't too bad, but as the night went on, my skills just died. The food there was really good! I like crap and chicken and salmon, and whatever else it was that we had. Although I really did like the restaurant (yummy strawberry slush!!), it was really expensive (over $100 for the 4 of us). Although I would go again if it wasn't sooo busy!! Another thing was that I'm too used to my english manners at a dinner table and wanted to take smaller bites of the sushi but that made it fall apart, which didn't help my chopsticks skills! Thus, stuffing a whole piece in my mouth was pretty hard, and caused a few incidents...

After dinner we went back to Sammy's house and ate the cake. Lighting the candles was certainly an experience b/c he couldn't find matches or a lighter. All good... Robin and I arranged the candles on the cake (mostly his work, but my idea!) and we sang her happy bday. We took rounds of photos and when we were done eating, we sat around and looked through our old high school year books.

That's basically the sum of the evening. I drove Tacky back home and told her I couldn't believe she hadn't noticed all the glitches that had occured that would have helped her realize what we were planning - a.k.a. stupid jon's comment about me having a good trip home on my last post. She actually read that!!!! gggrrrrrrr.... had it been anyone else but Alice they might have realized that I was actually coming home!!! I wish you hadn't written that!!!! She thankfully didn't see Maggie's comment, although I don't know when you posted that. Just b/c I don't update for one night doesn't mean that I'm not going to update again for two weeks! lol. I love updating!! I promised you that I would update whenever we were not together so that you could know what i'm up to. I plan on keeping that promise for quite some time!

Hope you enjoyed your surprise bday and that you didn't get in much trouble for not practicing piano! lol. I really wish it was your bday more often!!

6 comments:

bio-hazerd said...

it was excellent. perhaps we'll plan something like that for you this september. heheeh... just a few more months...

Anonymous said...

haha of course i got in no trouble. haha.. the trouble comes when my piano teacher tells on me =) hehe it was all worth it. thanks guys!!!!! You guys are awesome!! hehe I LOVE YOUUUU SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!
=)

J.B. said...

I'm sorry....no one told me it was a surpize!!!!

Souki said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://kpzpglre.com/pwjb/jond.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zvgupaeb.com/kyuc/uugg.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://kpzpglre.com/pwjb/jond.html | http://svffeahe.com/lapm/aamu.html