Sunday, February 26, 2006

Here's A New One For Ya...

I bet it's not too often you read a blog from the favored sibling. Post of you post about how much you hate your bro/sis b/c everyone seems to like them more. Well, this might open your eyes to the surprising world of the favored sibling. Let me be honest - my grandfather SO likes me more than my bro. That's just the hard cold truth of the matter. Today, as my gparents were leaving after dinner, (yummy chinese food :) ), he said, here Ryan, here is 50$ for getting your licence, congrats. Then he turned to me, here ShanNON, here is 100$ for spending money at school. OMG! My mom hates the way he favors me, and always has, but she didn't say anything this time. After he left, she had to explain that I needed more money b/c I have more expenses - which is true - but it's not likely he thought about that when he gave me 50$ more. It's hard to know why he does these things... For as long as I can remember, he has told me that he was going to buy me a car. He asked me for years what kind I wanted... I always said I wanted a limo - until I learned about super stretch limos and told him I needed one of those. Nyways, soon after I got my licence, I got my first car - which I must say is a pretty sweet car. He never told my bro he was getting a car until my grandmother (just trying to be fair) told him that he was getting one. I grandfather doesn't bring it up much, I know Ry will get one, but I'm pretty sure it will not be as cool as mine. My grandfather thinks my bro will kill the car, even though it's clear to me that he's going to be a far better driver than I am.

In principle, why should I be complaining? I get like whatever I want, and Ry gets half that. I should be the happiest chick around. But I honestly just feel bad for my bro. It's not fair for him - it's just cuz he's a boy. And I'm the perfect little girl. LOL!

1 comment:

J.B. said...

I can probally relate to your brother!