Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Curse These University Marks

They go down.
They go up.
There is no winning.
You work hard in one, it goes up.
You work hard in the other, it goes down.
There REALLY is no winning.

I have peace for the rest of the week. I am happy. No more serious studying until the weekend. Gosh, that puts me in a good mood. I came back from my midterm today, and just did nothing. I watched a beautiful mind and let me tell those who haven't seen it yet, it's an amazing movie! It's basically about this guy who is REALLY REALLY good at math. In fact, all his other skills (such as social) kinda suck because he is so smart. Anyways, so this social reject goes to university and meets his fun roommate. The roommate really helps this dude's social life. (I'm going to tell you what happens in the end, so stop reading if you don't want to know what happens.) Okay, so anyways, the main character starts to work for the secret service or something like that, but then starts to go a little paranoid because he thinks that Russians are out to get him. In the end, you realize that he was actually schizophrenic and that his job, and his roomate, and other people, had all been imagined. The only way he finally could tell that they were not real, was because they never aged even though he was aging.

This kinda freaked me out, because how am I to know if someone is aging, and thus they are real? It totally creeped me out, because I thought, maybe I am also just imagining everyone I see... and there is no real way of knowing. Grrr... total freak out.
Anyways, I think the fact that I had had a philo midterm before that forced me to really think about whether or not "I exist" just helped. lol, so creepy. Screw you Descartes! Of course I f'in exist! Why do ya wanna mess with my head like that?!?!?! DIE DIE!

Hasta La Vista!

No comments: