Monday, November 07, 2005

Cake + Birthday Party

My friend Steph from my floor's birthday was last week, so a bunch of girls from the floor went out for dessert to this really artistic style café, where we ate pretty (and frig'in expensive!) cake! It was really yummy! There were seven of us in total, and the night went pretty well as we started to share gossip about the people on our floor. Some of these things were really juicy...
Anyways, the topic somehow turned to what were some of the first impressions we got of the people on the floor when we first moved it. This one girl, who is really nice, but frankly a little too honest, told me that she and whoever she was discussing me with, thought that I was a super big bitch and that I thought that I was better than everyone else just because I never opened my door or talked a lot. I was frankly very shocked to hear this, because most people who don't know me very well, think that I am just sweet and really nerdy. Either way, I got kinda pissed at her and raised my voice a little bit... as I ranted to everyone that it's a common misconception that shy people are bitchy just because they don't talk. I should have added that just because I don't talk to YOU! doesn't mean that I think I'm better than you, it just means I don't want to talk!
That cake was good though. And company was fun. But now it's back to work.
Shannyn.

1 comment:

bio-hazerd said...

oh poor you.

you my friend, will always be the blonde bombshell... well, the brunette bombshell of u of ottawa via stouffville. =)