Saturday, November 26, 2005

And So She Asked Me...

I my last post I mentioned that this girl was asking me about what I planned to do in the future. When I told her my plans involved simply marrying for money and going shopping everyday, she asked me, "well, why do you try in school?". At first I was a little dumbfounded. Why do I try in school? I mean, it's true that this didn't make sense. However, having reflected upon the question, here is my answer...

I never used to try in school. I never really thought I could do well in school, and that blondes like me were meant to grow up and marry prince charming and live richly ever after. My grades throughout elementary school and the first half of high school weren't THAT bad. I mean, I usually had 60s and 70s, and reality, there isn't really much wrong with that. (With the exception of my science mark that is). So anyways, the end of the tenth grade was my turning point. After we received a project that I was unusually enthusiastic about, I set to work on it. I didn't really plan on getting an awesome mark, I just thought the project was really cool and I spent a lot of time on it because it interested me. Anyways, when I got the mark back, the teacher seemed to like it, because it was one of the highest marks I ever got. Shocked by the idea that I could in fact do well in school if I applied myself, I started the next school year with a lot more effort. Almost all my marks in grade eleven were above eighty. Since then, I've just continued to work hard and get good marks. I guess I have started to value these, which have caused me to morph into a total nerd.

Another possible answer to this, one that doesn't involve me writing a memoir, is that, perhaps I do actually find a career that I am interested in pursuing. I would need good grades to get into it, right? Without them, I wouldn't be able to follow the new path. Thus, it's always important to keep your grades up.

On a totally unrelated topic, I just want to go home. It's too damn cold here. I'm so bored of studying. I actually skipped a day of shopping to study for this stupid exam. (What was I thinking?!!?!?).

I miss all you markhamers. And even some of the hicktowners.
I want a peths reunion. can you honestly wait 10 years?

2 comments:

bio-hazerd said...

PETHS is in shambles now... but we'll wait and see how things will be in 10 years.

and yes, tis very kold outside.

and also, its pretty naive for you to say that you're going to marry someone rich and go shopping everyday. that may or may not happen, so its always good to prepare for the worst case scenarios. =D

bio-hazerd said...

and also, its rude to come online, message me on msn, and then go back offline. we must have a decent conversation you and i.