Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It all happened in slow motion.

Weirdest thing just happened! I was driving home in my little hick town down some really random hick street and I see this old guy (like 60ish) on one of those motor scooters. It's a three way intersection and he is crossing the road the way I want to turn so I just wait for him to make it to the other side before I advance. The old guy tries to get back onto the sidewalk but instead of going up where it is low, he tries to go over to curb. Motor Scooters don't go over curbs! Anyways, so the thing tobbles over ontop of him... and he falls to the ground right beside my car. I'm quite shocked. So I turn of my car and run over to him asking if he is okay. He was a nice guy so I helped him lift his scooter up so he can get back on it. Then this lady who was driving the same way I was sees why my car is stopped at the intersection and gets out to help me. Awwww.... Anyways, the guy is okay, nothing broke at least! But as the lady and I were helping him some other truck comes down the street (it's not normally even this busy) and just speeds right past us. How rude! meh. Everything worked out. The old guy learned not to try and go up a curb and I did a good deed. poor dude!

P.S. Hope you are having fun on vacation Tacky! Your last night here was so much fun!!

3 comments:

Souki said...

hi shannon. I just wanted to say that I am proud of you and good job for helping the old dude! Truckers have shipment schedules to keep so maybe that is why or he is so high up in his truck that he can't see you guys.. or he saw that there were already two fine ladies helping and he would only be an intrusion. hahahah.. so don't worry about it. Yeah. Good job! and I love the title of the post. it's so dramatic.

Shannyn said...

It was just a jerk driving a pick-up truck... not one of those big ones... I was unclear... but I doubt he was that busy. It was the most hick of all streets in the suburbs.

bio-hazerd said...

you're a good samaritan shannon.