Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Actually Enjoyed it!

Just got back from el garden party. I was really dreading it... especially this year without Ry by my side. I was expecting a billion questions about school... which I got... but this may have been the first year I wasn't totally bored out of my mind. It's quite nice hanging out with older people once in a a while. I used to think Ry was my scapegoat... but now I realize he was just pulling me down all these years. Or maybe I finally have reached that age where people actually start paying attention to me and believe that they can have an intellectual conversation conmigo. Either way, tonight was totally different from every other family gathering I have been to. It was interesting to say the least. And I actually loved talking to my cousins. Yes they are at least ten - fifteen years older than I, but I have always liked to talk to them... you could say we even got along and were friendly tonight. I got invited down to one of their house's and my aunt and I had a conversation I never wanted to end (the cool t.v. aunt that is). She's really cool... but when I was complaining to her about my life she just thought I was cute. I suppose everyone complains about the same things when they are a certain age... so to her I was just being a kid... Anyways, I have to admit I actually had a good time...... Wow, that just feels weird to say. I'm growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol WOW awesome =) hehe glad u had a great time