Tuesday, March 27, 2007

You Got Me For A Second

Linguistics assignments are hard - especially for my friends... I on the other hand am considered one of the smarter ones because I understand what the teacher is doing in class (probably because I am better at math than they are). Anyways, so yesterday we had a group assignment helping luncheon, where I was clearly the smartest one there. lol - not to sound narcissistic, just that if there was a vote, I would have won (plus I was the only one who had a solution, the other girls had no idea what they were doing). Anyways, one of the girls who came this time was really having problems, but she was smart normally... (Tacky - think a Christyn type person cuz this girl is pretty and popular too). So yea, I helped my stupid friend, another girl, and this popular girl (who had talked to me a couple of times while we were alone waiting for class, and whom I have known for quite some time, but who tends to ignore me once her friends come). At the end of the helping session thing, were I basically showed them all how I had done the problem and hoped they thought I was right, I got up to leave for my next class and then the pop. girl looked at me with the biggest eyes and thanked me in the most sinseer way I have seen in a very long time (from anybody). I felt so good for a few seconds cuz I knew she really appreciated the time I spent trying to help her understand... but then I thought for a second, and realized she was probably going to shear those answers with her stupid friends - which made me quite angry because I hate it when people get free answers without having to work for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain...