Sunday, December 24, 2006

Not Feeling the Christmas Spirit - must be the lack of snow...

Christmas at home:
Yesterday we went to my parent's friends' house. They have an 8/9 year old daughter (spoiled only child!) First my brother and I played a Lizzie McGuire game which she SO cheated at! Then we went downstairs and she played with my hair and did my nails. Ha ha, doesn't sound too painful, but let me say that she painted both sides of the nail.... and spilled nail polish all over my fingers. Afterwards I could barely move my fingers. The dinner was amazing though.... so worth the trip! Honestly this girl is so cute... but sooo evil! ha ha, I can't explain it... she's just really smart for her age. You can't trick her! ggrrr.. she's like as smart as me!

Today is Christmas eve. My dad and I pretty much can't stop fighting. My brother is insensitive and lazy. My mother is trying to do too much and be the perfect hostess. Things were fine but now my grandparents and my uncle are over. He is pretty much suffering on the inside and just sitting here taking everything my grandparents throw. My grandmother refuses to stop talking... and my grandfather is teasing us all. Oh, this sounds like a normal day to me though. Although it is clear that my uncle is putting an extra christmas effort to restrain himself and behave.

Tomorrow I get to see the other half of the family. It's the bigger half... and there are lots of people I like talking to... but there are of course a few I really don't. Sometimes I wonder if going there and getting the presents is really worth what I have to go through.

No comments: