Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Cookie Story

I'm sure you can guess what happened by the picture, but let me tell the story anyways. After my first exam (which went well), Craig and I decided to make cookies. We had bought some pillsbury dough a while back but never used it. So we start making the cookies, and everything is going well. The directions say to bake them for 11-16 minutes, so we put them in the oven and go into our rooms to wait until they are ready. I was sitting here using facebook and thinking how good the were smelling until ten minutes after we put them in all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off and Craig and I both jump up and run into the kitchen. ha ha, we totally knew that we were probably the ones who had set it off. lol. So we see all the smoke and Craig opens the oven and takes out the cookies (which are pitch-black), then drops them in the sink and pours water on them... then we open the windows and doors to let the smoke out... all the while in a sort of half panic, half laughing... ha ha. As I am opening the window I see my friend from class who just got back from the exam and start talking to her from my kitchen window... while the smoke alarm is still going off. ha ha! Anyways, she suggests the oven fan (brilliant!), so we put that on and soon enough the alarm goes off. Sadly, half the cookies were soggy from when Craig poured water on them, but there were a few that were not, so I decided I had to try one. To my amazement, only the tops were burned, the underside was perfect! Oddly enough I liked the cookies and had two! lol... maybe we will try again another day... or maybe it's just better (/safer) if we never touch that oven again!

No comments: