Friday, February 09, 2007

Frustration + Stress = bad combo!

I don't know if it is caused by all the midterm stress that i'm under, but lately I have not been the most friendly. I'm angered by all the fights I'm having with my dad these days. Every single time I talk to him lately I can't help but argue how unfair he is being with my bro and I. My parents are usually very fair, but it's not fair that my brother is getting all these things so easily that I had to seriously fight for. When I wanted voicemail for me phone, my parents refused... even though I use me cell all the time.... I finally got it this year only because it's my life line... but even still, it was a struggle that lasted many years. Recently I found out they just gave it to my brother, who doesn't even use his cell!! arrg. Plus when my parents go on a vacation this summer, my brother is going to me left alone in the house all by himself. That NEVER happened to me! My parents said that they are only allowing him because they 'know' that he will not have a party. As if! It was way more likely that I was not going to have a party at his age b/c all my friends lived soo far away! Are you kidding me dad, you are leaving him alone for a weekend with money and a car?!?! Don't you see that's not cool, cuz his friends live so close... it's a recipe for a party! How can they trust a 17 year old like that and yet never trust me!! I was way more innocent at his age anyways! ARRG! FRUSTRATION!! That news came last week and yet I am still so pissed about it. I don't understand why they are soo good to him. Dad told me it was because I get to do whatever I want while I am away at school. True enough, but I never got to have a party at home without my parents being there with my friends from back home. Maybe you can see the fairness of this, after all being first born has a lot of downsides as well as positives, but my mind is so blocked with frustration that I'm not thinking clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your parents still love you though! :)