Friday, December 14, 2007

Thoughts from the Train

It looks so chilly outside. Thankfully I’m in a cozy warm train right now watching Christmas movies. First was Rudolph the red nose reindeer - such a classic! I totally love the island of misfit toys! Lol, I wouldn’t mind an elephant with pink spots… and I’m sure any little boy would like a water gun that squirts jelly. Although I have to say I have never seen either of those toys in a store. Ha ha, and then there was the train with square wheels, okay, that one is a misfit because it simply doesn’t work! Anyways, Rudolph saves the day with his red nose, even though everyone made fun of him when he was growing up. It’s funny he’s not more emotionally scarred. I’m not even going to comment on the elf that wanted to be a dentist… wouldn’t that be a demanding field in Christmas town since everyone probably eats a lot of sweets? Meh. I just finished watching the Grinch that stole Christmas (the cartoon version). My all time favorite part is when the Grinch’s heart grew three sizes that day after he learned the true value of Christmas. Plus, Cindy-loo-who is super cute as she embodies the innocence of a child.
One thing I noticed in both movies was the animal cruelty. First in Rudolph there was Yukon Cornelius who was a dog sledder that was whipping his dogs. Plus Santa was doing the same thing with the reindeer! But it’s not like that would make the reindeer go any faster, unless you can speed up your flying speed by pushing more air passed you… like the dogs that can actually run faster. Meh. Anyways, all humans in the movie were shown often whipping the animals. I didn’t really notice it, but then when the Grinch came on and I saw how violent he was to his little dog, I was shocked I had never spotted it before. I mean honestly, that dog was being seriously abused but still in the end he came to save the Grinch from falling over a cliff. What a good dog!
So, I really didn’t expect to be sitting on a train ranting about children’s Christmas movies, but what are you going to do when you have nothing to do? … It’s rather strange not having anything to do. It’s been rush-rush/stress-stress this past week. Yesterday I wrote my last exam of the semester and then handed in my take-home. Now I’m FREE!! Actually, I have quite a nice and long break (compared to most years). Let’s hope I make the best of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... they got wi-fi on the train? That's crazy!

Shannyn said...

well, technically they do have it, but you have to pay - I just waited until I got home to post that.