Saturday, June 11, 2005

A little lesson in Gaelic

While in Ireland last summer i learned this neat and helpful little phrase: "póg mo thón". I saw it on a t-shirt with a pic of Bart Simpson bending over, showing his butt. I'm sure you can just guess what it means, or at least that it's not the best phrase. So, back to my story: This is actually scottish gaelic, not irish gaelic, so let me tell you how to say it the true irish way: "póg mo thoin"! While doing this "research" i descovered another term "spalpeen" which means 'irresponsible fool'. (i can think of a few ppl) although it may also mean 'scamp'. Finally, this one i already knew before my trip: "céad míle fáilte ", which means 'a hundred thousand welcomes'. - to pronounce that: ' Kay-d mill-uh fault-chuch'.

Hope you learned a lot today.
Shannon

P.S. The show last night at my school was really good. R.P. was sooo amazing. I asked my bro who had the best singing voice and he said you. Everyone else was super good too, but you couldn't hear them sometimes cuz da music was loud. Congrats to all.

1 comment:

bio-hazerd said...

yeah those damn irish ppl. lol, they kick plenty ass. and yes, the wiz totally rocked the house.