Thursday, June 26, 2008

Books Books Books.

This weather is really making me wonder if mother nature knows the difference between spring and summer. I just want to make it clear to her that most of the rain was suppose to stay in spring... and that now it is officially summer. FYI!

I other news, last night was my brother's high school graduation. I was so proud of him for winning the Art awards ($500 reward for his talent!!) which was presented to him in front of everyone. He is really talented and I know that he deserved that for his hard work this year (in art... not so much in his other studies). Now he is officially a graduate and I wish him much success in his post-secondary studies.

I, on the other hand, am the proud academic of the family who spends all of her free time reading books. Escaping into the works of fiction are helping me make it through the summer. I'm already on my tenth novel of the summer. I'm discovering a true love for historically based fiction novels... as those make up a large portion of my accomplishments, but I am certainly not limiting myself to that particular genre. The list so far is: (in order of which I read)

1. My Anastasia - Sharon Stewart
2. Of mice and men - John Steinbeck
3. The scarlet letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne
4. The picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
5. Angela's ashes - Frank McCourt
6. The count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
7. White Oleander - Janet Fitch
8. The secret life of bees - Sue Monk Kidd
9. Night - Elie Wiesel

And now I'm currently reading The kitchen boy - Robert Alexander.

No comments: